- Assistant Professor, Materials Science Engineering
1305 Kinnear Road
Columbus, OH 43212
Dr. Doan-Nguyen was mostly recently a University of California President’s Postdoctoral Fellow and Elings Prize Fellow at the California NanoSystems Institute and the Materials Research Laboratory at the University of California, Santa Barbara as well as the University of California, Los Angeles. Her research includes synthesis, in-situ structural characterization, and functional testing of advanced materials for energy storage and conversion. She earned a B.S. in Chemistry and Women’s, Gender and Sexuality Studies at Yale University and Ph.D. in Materials Science and Engineering from the University of Pennsylvania. She has been recognized by the American Crystallographic Association for her work in powder diffraction and in-situ local structure probes of novel battery materials.
- Dally, R.; Clement, R.J.; Chisnell, R.; Taylor, S. et al., 2017, "Floating zone growth of alpha-Na0.90MnO2 single crystals." JOURNAL OF CRYSTAL GROWTH 459, 203-208 - 203-208.
- Ko, J.S.; Doan-Nguyen, V.V.T.; Kim, H-S.; Petrissans, X. et al., 2017, "High-rate capability of Na2FePO4F nanoparticles by enhancing surface carbon functionality for Na-ion batteries." JOURNAL OF MATERIALS CHEMISTRY A 5, no. 35, 18707-18715 - 18707-18715.
- Kang, Y.; Ye, X.; Chen, J.; Qi, L. et al., 2013, "Engineering Catalytic Contacts and Thermal Stability: Gold/Iron Oxide Binary Nanocrystal Superlattices for CO Oxidation." JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY 135, no. 4, 1499-1505 - 1499-1505.
- Doan-Nguyen, V.; Loria, J.P., 2007, "The effects of cosolutes on protein dynamics: The reversal of denaturant-induced protein fluctuations by trimethylamine N-oxide." PROTEIN SCIENCE 16, no. 1, 20-29 - 20-29.
Papers in Proceedings
- Cargnello, M.; Doan-Nguyen, V.; Gordon, T.R.; Bakhmutsky, K. et al. "Catalytic role of the metal-support interface in d(8)-ceria systems prepared using artificial atoms." in 244th National Fall Meeting of the American-Chemical-Society (ACS). (8 2012).