CRYO-ELECTRON MICROSCOPY (CRYO-EM)
CEMAS is at the forefront in the convergence of physical and life sciences. Our multidisciplinary approach drives synergy and amplifies characterization capabilities to challenge "what is possible" in electron microscopy. Our comprehensive cryo-electron microscopy (cryo-EM) program advances this effort.
Located in a custom-designed facility, all cryo-EM instruments at CEMAS meet or exceed manufacturer performance specifications. CEMAS recently installed a Thermo Scientific Glacios Cryo-TEM with a Falcon III direct electron detector and a Ceta-D camera for MicroED analysis. In addition, CEMAS has a Thermo Scientific Krios G3i Cryo-TEM equipped with a Bioquantum imaging filter and a K3 direct electron detector, imaging phase plates, STEM/TEM tomography, and an image spherical aberration corrector.
CEMAS can assist users in all aspects of the cryo-EM workflow, including initial negative stain analysis, cryogenic sample preparation, grid screening, high-resolution data collection, and preliminary data analysis.
Cryo-EM Instruments at CEMAS
Single Particle Analysis
Micro Electron Diffraction
CRYO-EM INSTRUMENT MANAGERS
- CEMAS Cryo-EM Policies and Guidelines
- CEMAS Beyond the Scope: MicroED Explained
- CEMAS Beyond the Scope: An Inside Look at Cryo-Electron Microscopy
- Jensen Lab - Lectures
- Jensen Lab - Sample Preparation
- National Center for CryoEM Access and Training (NCCAT), Single Particle Short Course, March 2-6, 2020
- Simons Electron Microscopy Center Cryo-EM Course
- NeCEN organized instruct workshop on cryo-EM best practices (October 15-16, 2018)
- Related Videos
- Cryo-EM 101
- CCPEM Mailing List
- 3DEM Mailing List
- Yale's Cryo-EM Principles
- RELION Data Processing
- cryoSPARC Data Processing
Ohio State Cryo-EM Interest Group
Researchers at Ohio State have organized an informal Cryo-EM Interest Group that meets 1-2 times per month. Meetings consist of a highlight talk lasting approximately 30 minutes, followed by a discussion about data analysis, sample preparation, and other cryo-EM focused topics. The group also welcomes outside speakers to talk about their research.
Are you interested in joining? Connect with CEMAS Cryo-EM Researcher Yoshie Narui at firstname.lastname@example.org.