CRYO-ELECTRON MICROSCOPY (CRYO-EM)
CEMAS is at the forefront in the convergence of physical and life sciences. Our multidisciplinary approach drives synergy and amplifies characterization capabilities to challenge "what is possible" in electron microscopy. Our comprehensive cryo-electron microscopy (cryo-EM) program advances this effort.
Located in a custom-designed facility, all electron and ion microscopes at CEMAS meet or exceed manufacturer performance specifications. CEMAS recently installed a Thermo Scientific Glacios Cryo-TEM with a Falcon III direct electron detector and a Ceta-D camera for MicroED analysis. In addition, CEMAS has a Thermo Scientific Krios G3i Cryo-TEM equipped with a Bioquantum imaging filter and a K3 direct electron detector, imaging phase plates, STEM/TEM tomography, and an image spherical aberration corrector.
CEMAS can assist users in all aspects of the cryo-EM workflow, including initial negative stain analysis, cryogenic sample preparation, grid screening, high-resolution data collection, and preliminary data analysis.
Cyro-EM Instruments at CEMAS
Single Particle Analysis
Micro Electron Diffraction
CRYO-EM INSTRUMENT MANAGERS
- CEMAS Cryo-EM Policies and Guidelines
- CEMAS Beyond the Scope: MicroED Explained
- CEMAS Beyond the Scope: An Inside Look at Cryo-Electron Microscopy
- Jensen Lab - Lectures
- Jensen Lab - Sample Preparation
- National Center for CryoEM Access and Training (NCCAT), Single Particle Short Course, March 2-6, 2020
- Simons Electron Microscopy Center Cryo-EM Course
- NeCEN organized instruct workshop on cryo-EM best practices (October 15-16, 2018)
- Related Videos
- Cryo-EM 101
- CCPEM Mailing List
- 3DEM Mailing List
- Yale's Cryo-EM Principles
- RELION Data Processing
- cryoSPARC Data Processing