Vision & Mission
The vision of the Center for Electron Microscopy and AnalysiS (CEMAS) is to disrupt the stratification of disciplines in the characterization of materials. We will bring together multidisciplinary expertise to drive synergy and amplify our characterization capabilities, and thus challenge what is possible in electron microscopy. CEMAS has become the hub for business and academia for materials characterization. Our point of difference is our world-class multidisciplinary approach that enables academic and business partners to "see more" than ever before. We are the Center that breaks through the current characterization limitations in medicine, environmental science, energy materials, and beyond.
Our mission is:
- To deliver a world-class capability that positions it as the leading Center in analytical electron microscopy in the world
- To be the hub for multidisciplinary imaging research in physical and biological sciences at Ohio State
- To revolutionize teaching and learning in advanced characterization techniques for students and researchers
- To provide a flexible approach to allow external partners to access world-class characterization instrumentation and expertise
- To be at the leading edge in the development of new techniques and method for electron microscopy.