CEMAS will be closed the following days per OSU Holiday Schedule: Thanksgiving Day: 11/28/13 Columbus Day (observed): 11/29/13 President's Day (observed): 12/24/13 Christmas Day: 12/25/13 New Year's Day: 01/01/14 Due to the availability of staff, only those who have "Anytime Access" to the instruments may reserve time.
Current and future challenges in medicine, healthcare, environment, energy and technology need increasingly to be addressed on length scales ranging from millimetres to the scale of individual atoms. The delivery of novel solutions in cancer therapies, diseases of an aging population, sustainable development of functional and structural materials demands a multidisciplinary approach to research. The mission of the Center for Electron Microscopy and AnalysiS (CEMAS) is to disrupt the stratification of disciplines in the characterisation of materials. We will bring together multidisciplinary expertise to drive synergy and amplify our characterisation capabilities, and thus challenge what is possible in analytical electron microscopy.
CEMAS will become the hub for business and academia for materials characterisation. Our point of difference will be our world-class multidisciplinary approach that enables academic and business partners to “see” more than ever before. We will be the center that breaks through the current characterisation limitations in medicine, environmental science, energy materials and beyond.
- Deliver world-class capability that will position it as one of the top ten centers in analytical electron microscopy in the world;
- Be the hub for multidisciplinary imaging research in physical and biological sciences at OSU;
- Be the “go-to place” for comprehensive training for top research students and research associates;
- Dramatically expand our business partnerships in characterisation of materials;
- Be at the leading edge in the development of new techniques and methods for analytical electron microscopy.
New Booking System
CEMAS will be transitioning to a new booking system as of November 1st. Read more...